Release Date: January 11, 2005
With gameplay focused on visceral gunplay, this critically-acclaimed chapter in the Resident Evil saga revolutionized the series. Resident Evil 4 boasts chilling and action-packed encounters with enemies en masse in mysterious, booby-trapped areas. With the ability to fire more ammunition and defeat more foes at once, the gameplay in Resident Evil 4 contains some of the most frenetic and intense combat in the series to date.
- Legendary Visuals – Resident Evil 4 features a breathtaking visual style and effects.
- Behind the Camera View – The camera follows you from behind and allows for intuitive and comfortable movement in this survival horror third-person shooter.
- Hordes of Enemies – Tackle creatures that defy the laws of nature, including horrific new creatures infested by a threat called Las Plagas and face off against an aggressive group of mind-controlled villagers that are tied to the Los Illuminados cult.
- Advanced AI – Enemies are smarter than ever and will use their cunning abilities to team up and attack the player en masse.
- Interactive Cutscenes – Surprising and dramatic button-prompt moments require players to stay focused and on edge, even during story breaks.
- “Separate Ways” Epilogue – Play as Ada Wong in five extra chapters that reveal startling insights into the main storyline!
- Unlockable Costumes – Unlock special costumes for characters including Leon's R.P.D. uniform and Ashley's medieval suit of armor.
- Mercenaries Mode – A fast-paced test of skill where you can play as fan favorites like Wesker or Hunk on a mission to wipe out hordes of enemies to earn the high score.