Release Date: April 26, 2019
Days Gone is an open-world action-adventure game set in a harsh wilderness two years after a devastating global pandemic. Play as Deacon St. John, a drifter and bounty hunter who rides the broken road, fighting to survive while searching for a reason to live.
- Harsh Open World: Using the power of PlayStation 4 and Unreal Engine 4, Days Gone offers an incredibly realistic and detailed open-world experience. Immerse yourself in vast and hostile environments, and explore their secrets. Search abandoned vehicles, houses, truck stops and towns as you scavenge for resources. But be careful— day and night cycles, along with dynamic weather systems, all affect gameplay and enemy behavior.
- Brutal Sandbox Combat: Perfect your gameplay with an endless combination of strategy and play in every situation. Craft customized items using pieces and parts found in the field, from brutal melee weapons to traps and more. Act wisely, as every choice can be the difference between life and death.
- Unique Enemies: In addition to human drifters, marauders, and militia, Deacon must face a wilderness overrun by Freakers— mindless, feral creatures. Although more animal than human, Freakers are smart and quickly evolving. As with any living creature, they have needs, habits, and behaviors that Deacon must learn and adjust to.
- Unique Setting: Adapt to quick environmental changes inspired by the harsh high-desert of the Pacific Northwest. One minute, Deacon is riding through a dense alpine forest—or snowfield or lush meadow— and the next, he's fighting his way through harsh desert lava fields and caves. Ancient lava flows scar and defines the hazardous environments, delivering a breathtaking and diverse backdrop of regions to explore. From small towns and mountains to cliffs and river basins, explore the beautiful but threatening world, left in the wake of humanity's destruction.
- Compelling Story: At its core, Days Gone is about survivors and what makes them human: desperation, loss, madness, betrayal, friendship, brotherhood, regret, love— and hope. It's about how, even when confronted with such an enormous tragedy, hope never dies.